Thursday, June 28, 2007

My First Blog Entry!

Holy Cow. I did it again. I succumbed to the pressure from one of my best friends. I am writing a blog. When in the world I will have time to keep up with this thing, I do not know. But, I will try. Dear Sue, I love you to death, but sometimes I do not know why I listen to you! Must be because I love you so.

Well, where to start. I guess I must give some details about my not-so-boring life. Caveat: if you do not have children, you might find the posts on this page about as interesting as watching paint dry. But, if you do have some of those crazy two-legged creatures that God has been so gracious to bless Kev and I with, you might just find yourself laughing...or crying! I know that on some days I do both.

Here is a little info. I am an attorney, and currently work as a law clerk on the Court of Appeals of Virginia. I love my job because it allows me to use my degree, but it also gives me ample time to spend with my children. On some days I wish I could be a stay-at-home mom, but on most days I recognize the fact that the Lord did not program me that way. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I am so envious of those moms who get to spend their days at the beach or snuggling on the couch with their munchkins. But on other days, I know that the temper tantrums and ups and downs of childhood (that some of my friends handle with such ease) would completely overwhelm me. Whenever I have a few moments to myself, I like to indulge in a bubble bath, a good book, or a run. I used to be a health fanatic, working out at least four times a week. I am desperately trying to get my body back to that pre-child state, but at this point, that seems to be a pipe dream! At any rate, the time that I get to spend with my family is time that I cherish like no other.

My husband Kevin is the love of my life. We married in 1999 and to our surprise, became parents in 2001 to the amazing Greyson Walker. And again (to our surprise) in 2003 to the adorable Parker Scott. We would not change it for the world as we love our boys tremendously. As soon as their not-so-little feet hit the floor, Kev and I know that the day will be an adventure. Kevin is a firefighter with the City of Norfolk, and is currently working toward his Paramedic Certification. He loves the outdoors, specifically, Surfing. Moms, hold your breath....both boys have already been on the nose of a longboard, hanging ten with dad. Yes, they had on life vests. Yes, I about died the first time. And yes, I watch them do it over and over again! In fact, it is one of the highlights of our Outer Banks vacation every year.

Our family just moved from Chesapeake to Virginia Beach (literally two miles away), and we live two doors down from my mom and dad. Some of you may wonder why in the world we we want to be so close to my parents, and God-forbid, my husband's in-laws, but it suits us just perfectly. We count it a blessing that our children are so close to MawMaw and PawPaw. I have to say that my mom is one of my best friends, and truth be told, I am not sure I could live twenty minutes away from her. Sarah, my sister, is the best sister and aunt in the world. I am not quite sure what I am going to do without her once she moves to Philadelphia in the fall. The boys adore her, and I can always count on her for the fashion advice that a mom so desperately needs! My brother Paul is a bit of a wanderer, but he is an intensely creative man and loving brother. Not to mention someone that the boys love to death.

You will find that our house is a madhouse (as any of my friends or my mother will attest). From sleepless nights (yes, we still have those) to tee-ball or swim team practice to fights over who gets the biggest popsicle, our life is never dull. But, I am so thankful for it. Really, we consider it "just another day in paradise!"

I guess over the next few days I must add some pictures to this post. We will see how quickly I become technologically savvy. Don't hold your breath. Although Sue swears that this is a piece of cake, we will just have to wait and see!

2 comments:

dandsratz said...

Natalie Mann! I'm SOO proud of you! I, for one, cannot wait to read all of your crazy & sweet stories! And don't worry--I won't wait around for the pictures--you never take any...so I'll bring my camera and take pictures of your little men and send them for your blog!! Ha ha ha!!! :) You know that I love you truly like a sister, and value your friendship like no other....so my official "Welcome to Blogging!" :) Wait till Dave hears you are blogging with me...he's going to tease you unmercifully!! Ha!!! To the wonderful and adventurous stories of the Mann Boys--I love those handsome boys so!!!

Katy said...

Oh Natalie!! I'm so sorry that Sue has gotten a hold of you too! :) She's still working on me - all I've managed as of yet is commenting on you girls' blogs. Whenever I can get my 3 kids to give me a few hours of uninterrupted time to set one up....well, we'll just have to see!! Until then...Love to you guys! (And I'm so happy to hear that my boys aren't the only ones that fight over popsicles!!!)

Christmas at MawMaws

More Christmas Pictures!

Anna's Photo Class Project

Corolla

Greyson's Birthday Family Dinner

Parker and Daddy Surfing!

Nags Head

Greyson Surfing!

Fourth of July

Graduation Slide Show