Friday, September 25, 2009

Just a little note....

to let you all know that the Mann family is alive and well! While we have had some major family changes over the past two months, we are all plugging along. Parker started first grade at Woodstock Elementary and is loving every minute of it. The first day he asked me NOT to walk him to his classroom. He has made tons of friends and has settled right in. Since he is not at Norfolk Academy like I thought he would be, I am hoping that he tests gifted and talented so that his curriculum will be a little stronger. But otherwise, he is my self-starter independent child and has just taken off!

Greyson started second grade at Woodstock and has had a rough go of it. He weathered the first couple of weeks, and was still not settled. So, we have made the decision to send him back to Shores. They are willing to place him in a class with a teacher that is phenomenal, and he is SOOOO excited to go back. My heart has been heavy for him over this past month as I have watched him struggle, but today my heart soared when we went to get all the information so that we are ready for Monday. His smile and body language when he walked into Shores said more than Greyson could or would ever communicate in words. I could just feel the tension release from his body and he looked at me with a twinkle in his eye that said, "I love this place and I am happy."

I have started a flex-schedule at work. As long as I get my work done and fit in 40 hours during the week, I have the flexibility to come and go as I please. Right now, with all the transition, this is good for me and the boys.

I promise that I will pick up the camera again here soon and start posting some pictures. Our days are busy and it seems like the days turn into weeks faster than the blink of an eye. In any event, just wanted all to know that we are healthy and well!

4 comments:

Heather J said...

I am so glad to read your post and know that all was well. For some unknown reason over the last several weeks -you've been on my heart-and now I know why! Call me when you can but I'm glad to hear that all is well. I'm definitely curious at the change of plans with the boys!!!! Hugs!

Katy said...

Oh Natalie I am SO thrilled to hear that both boys are settled and doing well. I've been wondering how things were shaping up with the change in school, and am SO glad to hear that Greyson is happy to be back at Shores. He has such a tender spirit. Not surprised at ALL that Parker has already made friends with the whole class - sounds just like him! :) Would love to hear more soon! Love to you guys!

Jen said...

Thanks for the update, with me not being at church every week I feel like I don't get to see everyone and catch up. I'll look forward to bumping into you some mornings at the Shores. Glad both boys will be in places they feel comfortable and confidant!

The Hudson Family said...

glad to hear you are adjusting! miss you like crazy :-)!

Christmas at MawMaws

More Christmas Pictures!

Anna's Photo Class Project

Corolla

Greyson's Birthday Family Dinner

Parker and Daddy Surfing!

Nags Head

Greyson Surfing!

Fourth of July

Graduation Slide Show