Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fire Safety with Daddy and Uncle Ronnie





Once again it becomes the coolest thing to have a daddy as a firefighter. On Friday, Kevin and his brother Ronnie headed to ASCS to tell the kids about fire safety. After talking about the dos and don'ts, Kevin and Ronnie showed the children what happens when the bell rings and how they search for a victim once they reach the fire. They raced each other putting on their gear and then they "searched" the room to find a child who volunteered to be trapped in a burning house. Afterwards, the kids had a chance to try on the gear and take pictures. Way cool!!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

This was all I heard about yesterday (and some of today:) Jake was so impressed with Parker's dad, the Firefighter and his brother, not Parker's brother, but his daddy's brother (that's how he explains it:) He learned so much about fire safety, we had quite the discussion yesterday afternoon! They did an awesome job!

Heather J said...

I bet - I can definitely imagine that with 2 boys, what a cool daddy!!! It's one of the few professions kiddos tend to know about - and what an awesome job it is!

anjarrett said...

How cool!! I bet Kevin enjoyed it just as much as Parker.

Jen said...

Yeah for cool dads! How awesome that the school asks him to come in and do presentations. I know the boys love that.

Tiffany said...

How Fun for Parker.....he was probably on cloud nine showing his Firefighter Daddy off to the kids.

Katy said...

Yes, Josiah loved it too! He came home to check and see if we had too many cords plugged in anywhere, and asked if I left any candles burning while we were gone! So tell the Mann brothers that the kids were DEFINITELY paying attention! :)

Christmas at MawMaws

More Christmas Pictures!

Anna's Photo Class Project

Corolla

Greyson's Birthday Family Dinner

Parker and Daddy Surfing!

Nags Head

Greyson Surfing!

Fourth of July

Graduation Slide Show