Monday, November 24, 2008

My sweet little soul

Tonight before bed we read Puff the Magic Dragon. While I am no singer, I sang each and every page. At the end, I closed the book and I turned to Parker who was tapping me gently on the shoulder. This is what followed.

Parker: You know what Mommy?

Me: What buddy?

Parker: While you were reading, I almost cried. (Eyes filling up with tears)

Me: You did buddy? Was it when Jackie grew up and he did not come to visit Puff anymore?

Parker: Uh Huh. (Burying his head in my lap).

Me: Were you sad that Puff did not have a friend anymore?

Parker: Yes. (Looking up at me with tears streaming down his face)

Me: Its okay buddy. You are so sweet to think about Puff's feelings like that.

Every day I realize more and more what a sweet soul Parker has. He is so much like Kevin it is truly remarkable. He is so empathetic that I wonder where in the world the real Parker goes when the monster in him comes out. He really does feel so deeply for others when they are hurting. Every night he prays for someone who is sad or sick. He always makes sure I am okay. He talks about my grandmother and how he worries about her. And he always gives one more hug or one more kiss. Oh how I love him so.

5 comments:

dandsratz said...

Oh Natalie!!! This picture of the boys is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! Parker truly does have a heart of gold!! I have never known a child with such a zeal and love for life in everything he does!! He's worth far more than any price tag!!! I LOVE his heart!!!! I just love him!!! Happy Thanksgiving Nat!!

Jen said...

That is truly sweet - what a gentle soul!

Tiffany said...

This is so swet Natalie....his wife some day will be so blessed that he has such care and concern for others and his family. What a blessing. I LOVE the picture up top!

The Hudson Family said...

The picture is awesome of the boys!! What cuties!! Parker is a doll - I don't care how many times you tell me these stories about him misbehaven - he is a hunk of love!!! Greyson's dimples win me over too - I always wished one of mine would have dimples!

Katy said...

Such a sweet sweet boy. I love that he shared that with you too - precious boy. And I love your new picture on the top -those sweet boys and the looks on their faces!!!

Christmas at MawMaws

More Christmas Pictures!

Anna's Photo Class Project

Corolla

Greyson's Birthday Family Dinner

Parker and Daddy Surfing!

Nags Head

Greyson Surfing!

Fourth of July

Graduation Slide Show