The boys and I headed to the OBX this weekend to visit with a long-time girlfriend of mine. Tennille and I have been friends since we were three, and like many friendships, ours has morphed over time. Even though there have been times when we went for months, even a year without catching up, we have always been able to get right back in step.
Unfortunately, Tennille's life and mine are similar at the moment. She married one of Kevin's oldest friends, and has been divorced for about three years now. She and Steve share a daughter together and Anna is almost the same age as Parker. We have constantly been in touch since our respective marriages and births of our children, but now we are even more so in touch because I have needed her insight and unbiased encouragement.
We spent the whole weekend relaxing (as relaxing as four children can be---she has a four month-old with Anna's step-father Jason). Jason cooked for us, made us drinks, and just spoiled us rotten. On Saturday the boys and I headed to Mama Kwan's (the BEST restaurant in the OBX) for lunch and then to get stuff for making sugar cookies. The boys and Anna got along fabulously for the most part, even though I am sure that Anna was a little overwhelmed by the activity and noise that come with boys. It was wonderful for me to have a chance to talk and to have someone truly understand.
I wish I had pictures of the kids playing in the back yard (which sits on the sound) and the ice that was floating in the water. It was just a beautiful sight, especially when the sun was setting last night. In any event, I am so grateful to Tennille and Jason for their hospitality. I needed the weekend and we had a ball!
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment