
Greyson never ceases to amaze me. While he has definitely been a more challenging child than Parker, he has always been super athletic, very smart, and has incredible artistic capabilities. He has started to take "art lessons" with Paul's girlfriend, Anna who is a graphic design major. She graduated in December and is getting ready to launch her own business sometime in the Spring. She loves the boys and has taken to Greyson's keen eye for color and creativity. She meets with him every Wednesday night for an hour, lets him cruise through her art books to find a piece for inspiration, and then breaks out her supplies and lets him create under her guidance until he has an amazing finished product. He is learning about color and contrast, depth and dimensions, using multi-media for effect and some other really cool stuff.
He created an abstract painting that I am going to frame and post a picture of later. This week he made this pencil box for me. Anna had to help him with the exacto knife (thank goodness she didn't let him do that on his own!) but he pieced together the box, cut out shapes, and decided on the design all by himself. The picture does not do it justice...it is so beautiful!!! I told Greyson that in a couple of months when I have his pieces framed and he has a lot of creations with titles, I will have a mini art show at the house--invitations, display stands, mini appetizers and all. He thought that was way cool! Anyway, to my little Picasso...I am so impressed!
1 comments:
Love it Nat....He's so talented!
Post a Comment