There is no picture to put with this post. I think the picture is vividly etched in Kevin's and my head. This evening the boys and I went to the station to visit daddy. Kevin, Doug and I were standing under the basketball hoop chatting while the boys wandered around the MMST trailers. Before I knew it, the back of the trailer behind which the boys were playing came crashing down. Parker got out from underneath it, but Greyson wasn't so lucky. The trailer hit his shoulder and his shin, and he crumbled on the ground.
Now, I know this doesn't sound all that bad. And, truthfully, I didn't realize how bad it could have been until I found out that the back of the trailer weighed about 100 lbs. No wonder Greyson's leg is bruised and he can hardly walk. But thank the Lord it did not hit his head, or I fear he probably would have been gravely injured. Poor Kevin, he was beside himself. And I was too. I knew I should have been watching them more carefully, but truth be told, it would have happened to someone else, if not my boys. The latch, which was too high for the boys to reach, had not been secured when the trailer was last used. All it took was leaning up against the back to make it come loose. Holy cow. How my children's lives quickly flashed before my eyes. And Kevin, I am sure he is still shaking from the adrenaline.
Let me just say that I am so thankful that my boys are in one piece and that we are not in the hospital. Praise God.
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago







7 comments:
I am so glad the boys escaped with only a couple of bruises and a good scare. Its moments like these that seem to so quickly put our lives in perspective. Praise God they are OK!!
Always an adventure with the Mann boys!! Actually Natalie, I love that about all of your blogs. Your family takes the simplest things and you just live life to the fullest!! Yeah, a few bumps and bruises all the way, but oh well!
i can only imagine how that must have frightened you! you just never know how quickly something can happen! i'm so glad the boys are ok and that you and Kevin are recovering from the incident! :) so good to see you this weekend! :)
Oh how happy I am that the boys' guardian angels were not taking a little 'rest". Hope mom and dad recover as quickly as the boys will :)
Oh my word - I am SO glad that the boys are okay!!! That is scary stuff. I'm so thankful that God protected them!
I'm REALLY glad that you told me this story over the phone before I read it...my heart still sinks, and I'm just SOOO thankful that Grayson is okay!!! Maybe if I could figure out why my phone is beeping next time I'll be a little bit more timely about calling back!!! ha!!!
Oh my word...as Sue would say "major mother surge" So glad all is well!! The life of little boys is never dull!!
Post a Comment