Sunday, September 14, 2008

One last trip




This weekend we decided to take one last trip to our favorite, Nags Head. It was a beautiful weekend, and we had a blast. We arrived on Friday night and walked across the street for some hushpuppies and steak. Then we ventured out to walk on the beach and hunt for sand crabs.

The boys woke up bright and early on Saturday, and we headed down to the beach. The boys surfed with Kevin forever while I just smiled and watched on the beach. We headed to the pool for a quick dip, and then to lunch at a local pizza place. The boys sucked it up while I ran into Polo and bought some school clothes, and they were rewarded with a trip to Kitty Hawk Kites. They both got a "rubber band" gun (yes Sue, it looks like a gun) and they had a blast running around in the sand with them.

That night we went to Mama Kwan's, our local favorite, and then to Dairy Queen. We took one last hunting stroll, and ended the night snuggled up in each other's arms! It was so much fun!!! I have to say, I am so thankful for the "just us" time which has been few and far between here lately. It was just perfect.

6 comments:

ZumZumMataMoscas said...

I was just surfing around and I don't know why I ended up here.
You seem like a happy family, very similar to mine. I also have 2 young boys with 7 and 3.

I wish all a great future.

Regards from Portugal.

The Hudson Family said...

Love your pictures! I am so happy you had a great weekend! I missed you Sunday!

Katy said...

So that's where you were on Sunday! so glad you had the special time with your boys. that water is going to be getting cooler soon! :(

dandsratz said...

I'm SOOO glad that ya'll had such agreat weekend!!! I missed you!!

Jen said...

Wow - sounds like a great end of the summer get away. I can't wait till our kids are a little older and trips like that can be easier. Yeah for a great summer!

Tiffany said...

What a nice weekend Natalie, those times of just being together are the BEST!

Christmas at MawMaws

More Christmas Pictures!

Anna's Photo Class Project

Corolla

Greyson's Birthday Family Dinner

Parker and Daddy Surfing!

Nags Head

Greyson Surfing!

Fourth of July

Graduation Slide Show