Last night as I was preparing to put the boys to bed, Parker told me that he had lost a couple of his toys somewhere near the sofa. So, I told him to push the button for the recliner and look underneath the sofa. He did, but instead of putting his head under the bars that open and shut as you push on the foot stool, he put his head between the bars. When he tried to get out, he realized he was stuck. At first, I did not know what was happening. All I knew was that Parker was screaming bloody murder and Greyson was yelling Parker's head is stuck. When I got down under the sofa to look, Parker was trying to pull the bars apart and yank his head out at the same time, but he was not being successful.
Of course, like any other time when there is a minor crisis at my house, Kevin was on shift. And of course, being a girl, I was not strong enough to manipulate the bars of the sofa to get Parker un-stuck. So, I called my mom and dad to let them know what was going on. Then I called Kevin to let him know that I was more than likely going to have to call the fire department to have them cut my child out of the sofa. I could see it clear as day. Me in my candy cane pajama pants, my child's legs hanging out from underneath the sofa, and the VBFD taking steel cutters to my sofa in my living room and then wondering how I let him get stuck in there in the first place.
Fortunately, when my dad came into the house, he was filled with so much adrenaline that he pulled and pushed on the sofa in just the right way that my mom was able to pull Parker out. And we are only a few bruises and a lot of tears worse off after the ordeal. Yikes. What a night.
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago







6 comments:
Oh my - that must have been very frightening for all of you. I hate moments of panic like that. Glad he was saved and your couch wasn't ruined either.
I'd like some of those candy cane PJ's!! Natalie, only these kind of these happen to you!!! Glad all are okay. I'd have been freaking out!
oh my goodness Natalie!!! i'm so glad your dad was able to get him out! now that's an eventful evening to say the least! Kevin missed out on all the excitement! :)
I am laughing so hard Natalie! Of course I can because I know Parker is ok! Too funny! I am always so happy to hear that I am not the only one with curious, daring, adventurous kids! I have had to extricate some arms and legs but never a head!!!!!
Yikes! Poor Parker!! I'm glad you were spared of showing off your cute Christmas PJs... Hopefully you are laughing about it now - right?
okay, so i feel guilty about laughing, but since i know he's okay, i'm TOTALLY laughing!!! My mental picture was right there with you! I'm glad he's okay - and that your recliner wasn't cut apart - and that the VBFD didn't have to come save the day. Good old dad did!
Post a Comment