Early Gifts from MawMaw.
Well, this post is going to be a lot shorter than I thought as this Thanksgiving was not at all as my family anticipated. On Thursday morning my mom took my grandmother to the Emergency Room for what she thought would be a breathing treatment, and here we are almost one week later and my Nannie is in the ICU on a ventilator. Needless to say, it has been a long week, and we are looking at some rough days ahead. I have spent a great deal of time in the hospital while trying to balance some of the traditions and merriment that comes with the season.
My sister and Dave were in town this past weekend so on Saturday, while the rest of my extended family spent the day with Nannie, we had lunch and bought a Christmas tree. We spent the afternoon drinking cider and decorating which, I have to say, was a nice respite from the ICU. However, it just so happens that our lovely tree was the "devil tree" as we like to call it, and it fell not once, but three times since we bought it. Once was on its own and twice was at the hands of Greyson. Yes, I know you thought I'd say Scooby, but no. Not yet. And no, I am not holding my breath.
In any event, while I am tired and sad, I am thankful for all that I have when it seems like there are so many at this time who are without. And though I may lose someone so close to me, I am thankful for the special place she holds in my heart and all of the years that God has given her here on this earth. I am tired and spent, and I am trying not to let my emotional exhaustion get the best of me. So, for now, I am off to pray for healing, strength, patience and peace for my Nannie, my family, and some of my dearest friends who are being challenged in many ways during this holiday season.







4 comments:
Natalie, you all will be in our prayers this season. It is hard when a loved one is ill and in the hospital. I will be praying for strength, peace and rest for you all. I love the pictures you posted.
Natalie -thinking of you & lifting your Nannie up in prayer. You are right -we have so much to be thankful for - sometimes I need a little reminder - perspective is always good!
I'm really sorry to hear about Nannie. I know that does put a lot of strain on you this time of year. We'll be lifting your family up as well during this time.
Oh Natalie - I had no idea. Praying for all of you. I know it's SO hard for you to be facing something like this right now. Just praying for healing for Nannie and peace for your family in the meantime. Love you!
Post a Comment