Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My OTHER super reader!!!!

Yes, I said other. Parker has officially started to read!!!! We are so excited. He asked to read the other day after I finished with Greyson's "earn your Nintendo time" reading. We started with a very short phonics book, and he did great! Now his teacher sends one home every few nights for us to work on. It is so cool!

And, on another note, Greyson is blowing through his addition tables, and now we have moved to subtraction and even some multiplication! WOW. I think that he is going to be my math and science bug, while Parker is going to be my reader. We'll see. In any event, we are so excited that the boys have such a zest for learning new things. Let's hope this continues, and that we continue to be blessed with teachers who help push them both to want to learn at their potential! Go Greyson and Parker!!!

7 comments:

Katy said...

Way to go boys!! It's just so exciting to see them excited to learn, isn't it? I LOVE it!! Great job!!!

Jayne said...

Look out for the Mann boys to be earning all the awards in their classes at school! I love to hear about little boys especially who have a love for academia and always a love for reading. I am glad they have had excellent teachers who continue to push them to their abilities!!

Heidi said...

I know you are so proud of both them boys and their uniqueness and their different abilities. It's fun times to watch them process and learn in their own things!!

Jen said...

Very Cool - I know that is so exciting to watch all the little light bulbs go on!

Heather J said...

Awesome! I know you are proud Mommy!!! Way to go Parker!!

dandsratz said...

What have I ALWAYS said...."These Mann boys are the SMARTEST!!" I LOVE the passion that Parker & Greyson have for the things that they are interested in--I think they get their enthusiasm from their mommy--you are teaching some of the BEST traits Natalie!! Go Parker & Greyson!!

anthonyandbeth said...

that's so awesome! :)

Christmas at MawMaws

More Christmas Pictures!

Anna's Photo Class Project

Corolla

Greyson's Birthday Family Dinner

Parker and Daddy Surfing!

Nags Head

Greyson Surfing!

Fourth of July

Graduation Slide Show