![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
First let me apologize for the lapse of time since I last blogged. Though I love my job, it is keeping me busier than ever, especially since my boss got a promotion and there are only three of us on the general litigation team! Yikes!!!! Can't wait until our two new hires start in April. Also, while I thought we might dodge the major sickness bullet, I was down for the count for two days with the stomach bug last week, and Greyson has missed five days of school in two weeks because of fever and a cough. Good grief.
Anyway, with that said, I promised Greyson about a month ago that we would head to Great Wolf Lodge. So, that is what we did on Sunday after church. We arrived (with everyone else!) for early check-in so that we could enjoy the water park for most of the day. We swam for a while and then headed up to check out the "Wolf Den Suite" that Greyson had picked out. I have to say it was kind of neat.
Next we went to the lodge store and bought Magi wands for the boys to play MagiQuest. It is a cool interactive game they have on the premises. The boys ran around for more than an hour waving their wands and finding secret treasure. While the wands were expensive, it was money well spent. We then had some dinner and headed back to the water park to shut it down for the night. The boys were in heaven and Kevin and I just watched them and smiled. How thankful we are to be able to do things like this with our munchkins!
After a good night's sleep we woke up to a blanket of snow!! What fun! The drive home was a little slow as we had to be careful on the roads, but the scenery was beautiful. Unfortunately, we arrived home to no power and a freezing house. Dominion Power fixed the problem, but the downstairs is still a bit chilly. Parker and I were praying about how thankful we were not to be homeless and how fortunate we are to be able to purchase heating blankets for our beds!!!
Well, that is about all from the Mann household!








7 comments:
Looks like you guys had an awesome time!! I love the videos. We can't wait to take Grayson up there--soon!!
Natalie!!! HOW WONDERFULLY FUN!!! I'm SO glad ya'll had such a great family trip to such an amazingly fun place! I loved the comment..."it was expensive, but so worth it" (paraphrased.. :) )...I totally agree...sometimes going the extra mile, or paying for the little extra thing (the magi stick) can bring forth some of the best family memories...and ALWAYS worth it! And memories last forever!! :) I'm just glad that last week and the crazy flu is over for you!!! Our carribean life, with the carribean law firm was looking awefully temping last week, hmmmm??? :) Love you!
Sounds like a wonderful time!!! And, I love the new Parker pic!!!
fun, fun, fun! we love great wolf lodge!
we've been to Great Wolf only once but it was a wonderful time. i'm so glad y'all got to go and have some quality time as a family! glad to hear you have some new hires coming on! hopefully it'll take some of the load off of you! :) great checking in on y'all!
I bet it was so cool to be so warm inside and have snow outside. Makes you truly appreciate the warmth! Isn't it the best place?
how fun - and how funny to go from warm, playing in the water park, to snow!!! i think we must be the only people left on the planet never to have been up there - and soon we'll be moved and have missed our chance. bummer!
Post a Comment