So, the day came and went, and so did my sister. For those of you who do not know, she left for Temple on Tuesday to begin her four-year program at the School of Dentistry. I have to say that I have been dreading the day for a while, but for lots of different reasons. First, the boys have been so close to her, and they love her dearly. Aunt Sarah is their favorite. Maybe it is the icing covered cookies. Maybe it is the fast race car and the cool Kenny Chesney music. Or maybe it is because she loves them as her own. Whatever it is, she holds a special place in their hearts.
For me, my fashion advisor and secret keeper is five hours away. Gone are the days when I can run next door and get the honest truth about my yester-year wardrobe. Gone are the days when I need a shoulder (other than my husband's) to cry on, and with one call, she appears. Gone are they days when I need a favor, I pick up the phone, and in five minutes, what I need magically appears. So, I guess this all sounds really selfish. After all, this is her chance to succeed and fulfill her dreams. And really, I could not be more proud of her than I am at the moment. But inside, I know that with all the changes in my life right now, this one is going to be big. After all, she is my sister, I love her dearly, and I will miss her more than she will know.
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago







6 comments:
How amazing Sarah will feel when she reads this! And, how beautiful it was to make a little tribute to her. I am sure she feels EXACTLY the same way about you. Sisters are among God's greatest gifts...of that I am sure! Good luck to Sarah on her new adventure! And hugs to you as you undergo yet another transition.
Oh, another chapter begins for the both of you. I am so thankful for my 3 sisters and know that you and Sarah treasure your relationship!!! Good thing she's still on the same coast! She'll love some visitors this year, I'm sure!
I can't wait to go shopping together to see Sarah in Philly! Sarah, pull out the extra matress...here we come!! :)
I too have a Sara as a sister Natalie, and there must be something about the name. She is the best Aunt imagineable, and loves and spoils our Grayson to pieces. She is also away from me and is going through a lot of changes in her life, and it's hard not to be there with her, close by. So to our Sarah's and the sisters that love them: stay close and know that you are treasured!
The sister bond is a special bond for sure. I have 2 of them and wish so much that we lived closer. However, when we do get together it is the best quality time and reunion and highlight of our life. You almost walk away with a new appreciation for them. So when Sarah comes to visit you'll feel a new kind of closeness each time you reunite.
Sister's are so special! I know you are going to miss her dearly! You'll have fun seeing her grow through these changes and I'm sure you'll remain as close as ever! Maybe it'll give you a chance to go on a girls weekend sometime! That would be fun! Change is never easy and I'll be thinking about you while you're moving into this new phase. :)
Post a Comment