Okay. So it is Sunday night and the boys are tucked in and asleep by nine. School starts tomorrow and I cannot believe the summer has already slipped away. Greyson seems excited to be back at school, and Parker is excited about snack time. Go figure:) At any rate, we had a nice last weekend before school. Yesterday we decided to check out the WOW Gardens at the Botanical Gardens. We had never been before, and the boys loved it! Yes, it was hot. But, the fountains worked wonders. We rode the tram to start off the day, and I thought back to the times when my Nannie and Pops used to take me for the same ride. Then we visited the kids gardens. The boys climbed in the rain forest huts and in the tee pee. Parker pumped water until I thought his arms would fall off. And Greyson explored all of the different paw prints for the animals in each area of the "world." We ended the tour with a dip in the fountains.
You know, it is so interesting to watch your kids in different elements. I have always known that each of my boys has a distinct personality. But sometimes it is more evident than others. When we got to the fountains, Parker jumped right in. Forget the fact that he had clothes on. Unbeknownst to him, I had a change of clothes in the car. But, that did not matter. He lives for the moment. He was a sight to see. Greyson on the other hand tip-toed around, and looked over at me as if to ask, "are you sure this is okay?" He got a little bit wet, and looked at me with a shy smile. I said "jump on in!" And finally, he did. The grin was priceless. But, like his mom, spontaneity does not come naturally. In any event, I just had to smile, and thank God for two very different, but precious gifts.
After a good romp in the fountains, we headed off to watch the planes take off. While sitting on top of the hill, Parker was content to chase butterflies and log roll to the bottom. Greyson kept his eyes glued to the activity on the tarmac. Kevin asked the boys if they could get on a plane and take off today, where they would go. Parker said Bermuda and Greyson said Texas. He wants to wrestle a bull. What an imagination.
We left the gardens for some downtime, and that evening spent some time with some long-lost friends. They have two beautiful girls, Brooke and Lea, who are close in age to the boys. The kids played really well together, and the adults had time to catch up. Bedtime rolled around very quickly, and before I knew it, I had fallen asleep in Greyson's bed, holding him and his stuffed doggie tight. Mommy heaven:)
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago







6 comments:
I love the picture of the water splashing on Greyson and the one of Parker on the hut. They look like they are in pure heaven having so much fun. I've never been there and now would love to check it out.
Isn't is funny how their little personalities differ even with the same gender and family. What unique and special gifts from above they indeed are. You have the most handsome boys Natalie. Enjoy all your the night time snuggles:)
We're heading there tomorrow - I'm SO excited!!!! Isn't it a hoot to see how your boys react differently to situations? God gives each child their own unique personality - what fun to see it grow and develop!
What a great day to end the summer and get those minds ready to learn and explore all year at school! Both you and Sue visited the Gardens this weekend, so I'll definitely have to put it on my list to do with Grayson soon. I'm glad the whole family could be there-I'm sure those times are priceless for all of you. It's funny to see Heidi comment on the pics-I skipped over them to see what you wrote!! And as for the spontaneity, I would never have guessed that we share that attribute. Go figure!
So you know I had to come back after looking at the pictures! I can not believe how much Parker looks like Kevin in the first picture!!! And that Greyson, he is sure to woo many a girl with those dimples and his sweet gentle spirit!
Natalie...I cannot believe we were at the WOW gardens at the same time, and didn't see each other!! AGH!!!! I'm so glad that ya'll had such a great time!!
Those gardens sound like so much fun! Great pictures of the boys! So glad you had fun!
Post a Comment