Friday, October 26, 2007

Dinner with the Ratz Clan

Finally we had a chance to get together! Forget that all I did was make a call to the local Pizza Hut and we called that dinner. It was the company, the laughter, and the smiling kids that really mattered. I cannot begin to express how much I have really missed connecting with my friends since I started this new job, especially Sue. For some reason, there is this amazing connection that we have as friends, and no matter how long it has been since we really talked, we always pick up where we left off. Sure she calls me crazy because I eat the cheese off of my pizza before I eat the rest, but who cares. She makes me laugh like you wouldn't believe. And she gets me. We had so much fun watching the boys run around like mad men. Poor Alexander, I don't think he realized how much of a whirlwind my boys can be! In any event, between the ice cream with sprinkles and whipped cream, and the over abundance of plastic bugs, I think the boys had a blast. Even Hamilton got right in the mix. I know that Dave and Kevin think that we are crazy. Both of them sat on the sofa and laughed at us, at times shaking their heads in unison. But we still had a ball. I am SOOO glad that we finally had a chance to get together, and I can't wait to do it again. We love you Ratz family!!!!

7 comments:

Jen said...

We like pizza with the Ratz clan too! Isn't it wonderful to have those special friends that just "get you." I bet the boys will form special friendships too! I still remember those families that we always hung out with growing up. Those were the best times!

dandsratz said...

Natalie, you truly are the BEST friend! You are quirky, I supposed, LIKE ME!! :) Although I still think you are quirkier!! :) How is it that I have known you for YEARS and never knew you are so retarded to eat your pizza like you do!?!? WHAT A HOOT!! We did have the BEST night!!! Ya'lls friendship is priceless!! I still think its b/c you think like Dave yet are still a little like me, and I think a little like Kevin, and am a little like you that we get each other the way we do!! One way or the other, its just PURE FUN when we are together!! I treaure you like no other!! Thank you for the GREAT night!

anthonyandbeth said...

those special times with friends are priceless! God is so good to give us those friendships! so glad ya'll had a GREAT time together!

Anonymous said...

What fun! I am so happy you gals had time to just reconnect and relax together (with screaming kids, of course). Anyway, what a blessing you are to each other. We have to be so thankful for great friends...there is nothing in the world like them. Love to both of you!

Jayne said...

Glad ya'll had a chance to reconnect and just let your hair down and have fun together, even if you were just watching the boys all go crazy! With pizza, ice cream, sprinkles, and whipped cream, I'm sure th sugar frenzy was evident. Ya'll are both crazy and I can hear the laughter in my ears right now from the 2 of you!!

Katy said...

I can picture now what your house SOUNDED like that night! :) Glad you got to get together!

Heidi said...

I know you guys did have a wild and crazy fun time together. It's fun to just let the kids go sometimes!!

Christmas at MawMaws

More Christmas Pictures!

Anna's Photo Class Project

Corolla

Greyson's Birthday Family Dinner

Parker and Daddy Surfing!

Nags Head

Greyson Surfing!

Fourth of July

Graduation Slide Show