Tonight as I was getting Parker to bed, we had the following conversation as he pulled on his blue-striped footed jammies:
Parker: Mommy, did you buyed these jammies for me?
Me: Yes buddy.
Parker: They keep my body warm, right?
Me: Yes, buddy.
Parker: You know what I forgot to tell you? You are the best mommy in the world.
Me: I am?
Parker: Uh-Huh.
Me: Bokie, I love you too much.
Parker: If you love me too much, you could stop loving me just a little bit.
Me: Do you want me to stop loving you just a little bit?
Parker: No.
Me: Can I love you even more than I do now?
Parker: Sure.
Heaven. Pure Heaven. To know that you are the best mom in the world because you bought warm jammies. Warm jammies equals comfort equals love. I couldn't agree more:)
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago







7 comments:
What a precious conversation. I love that kids just say what they are feeling in the moment. I think we all should be more thankful for the little things like footed pajamas and be more willing to tell people how we feel!
Oh how I love little men, especially when they open up & tell you how they feel! What a precious moment!
What a little sweetie!! That same little santa kickin boy loves his momma dearly. Why should he show any affection to santa when it can all get directed to you:) I hope for all us mommies of boys that those endearing times never go away.
Oh how sweet those boys are! I bet you were in heaven for at least 24 hours after that! Thanks for sharing a heart warmer!!!
I love conversations like these. You just want to hold on tight to them and not let go. Love it... And by the way, where did the nickname "Bokie" come from??
Natalie, that is SOOO sweet!!! You have taught those precious boys such love, and have given them such love, that I know you will have so many precious moments like these with your wonderful little men!! This melts my heart!!!
That is one for the books, or the blog, to keep and treaure for sure. What a sweet boy. I thought the conversation was gonna go like this: "Mommy, could love me a little less? You squeeze me way tooo tight!!" But no, Parker came out with somehting way sweeter--all of that from a Santa-kicking boy!! HAHA
Post a Comment