Mine. Yup. That's right. I have the kid that kicks Santa. On Saturday we went to our Credit Union's annual kid's Christmas party. We have never been because my kids have never really liked sitting on Santa's lap. This year they called and begged us to come. They always buy really nice presents for the kids, and the girls at the credit union LOVE the boys. So, we went.
Well, Santa calls the kids one by one to come up and receive a gift. Of course, most of the four-year olds bound down the isle and hop right up on his lap. Parker on the other hand dug in his heels and I practically had to drag him down to see Santa. Of course, this Santa was a firefighter dressed up, and he could see that Parker was not too excited about having to sit on his lap. So, he proceeded to tell Parker no lap, no present. He reached for Parker as I tried to hand him over, and WHACK. A kick to the knee. I was mortified but everyone watching laughed hysterically. Parker finally gave in after a stern talking to, and he got his present.
Greyson was hesitant but he did it. He actually sat for while and told Santa everything that was on his list. By the end of the party, Parker had a really cool Hot Wheels play set and Greyson had a football game of some sort. I think it kicks field goals. In any event, if anyone wants to know whose kid kicks Santa, that would be mine:) Tis the season!







6 comments:
Oh Natalie, I'm sorry, but that is the funniest story!!! I would have been the one roaring in the crowd. I know you probably wanted to run and hide and wouldn't it be the time that all eyes are watching for the mischieves to come out. That is a classic christmas story for sure. HEE HEE HEE HO HO HO HA HA HA!! Sorry:I Too FUNNY!!!
I bet Santa has been kicked on more than one occasion. I hope the present was worth the torture(for both Parker and Santa!)
Natalie, that is THE BEST!!! I'm absolutely laughing my head off!!! Do you remember the year, I think that it was Parker's party, but it may have been Graysons, that the little Gymboree man came out, and startled Parker, and Parker kicked him, and HOW HARD WE ALL LAUGHED!!! That sweet boy is the BEST!! The best is watching your mom crack up when she sees Parker do this....I wish I could have seen her face when you told her!!! WHAT A SCREAM!!! :)
oh is that not hilarious!!!! oh well - at least it all ended well, right? These poor santas - they probably get it all! and i wish my credit union did a party for us!!!
HIlarious! I'm afraid that I might have sat in the audience and snickered a little like Heidi. At least in the end they both did it. Maybe next year it won't be such a hassle if they even want to do it again!
Natalie I was laughing at loud reading this blog. It looks like you don't have to worry about him taking candy from strangers if he won't take presents from Santa! ; )
Post a Comment