Sunday, December 16, 2007


So I am going to post before I have my third party of the weekend. I know that without a doubt, I will be too tired to post anything after everyone goes home.

As you all know, I had Thursday and Friday off this week. I wanted to spend the day on Thursday with the boys, and as you can see for everyone's blog, the boys played hookie from school and we partied with friends from church. It was so much fun to actually be a part of one of those activities that I read about each week but that I cannot attend because of work. In any event, pictures are posted on other blogs, and it was a blast. Katy was such a gracious hostess and I am so glad we got to join in the festivities.

On Friday, Kevin and I prepared for the weekend of holiday events. On Friday night, our small group from church came over to celebrate Christmas. Everyone brought scrumptious food, and we just had fun enjoying each other's company. The kids were a mess, and I wish you could have seen my playroom at the end of the night. The carpet is no worse for the wear...at least not yet:) It felt like Christmas to hear the laughter (and screaming) of the kids while we shared some quality friendship time. It was the best.

On Saturday morning, I went to the director's breakfast at church, and helped decorate for Happy Birthday Jesus Sunday. Jessica did a phenomenal job of decorating for the breakfast, and it was nice to sit and fellowship with the ladies that I work side by side with all year. Decorating was fun and it looked great!

Om Saturday night, Kevin and I went to my firm's office party. It was at the Princess Anne Country Club, and it was great. We had cocktails before dinner, mingled, and then had a great dinner. We shared a table with two couples and another associate, and the conversation was great. After dinner, we headed to the "bar" for some more conversation, and for some, more drinks. By that time, I was tired and ready to go home, so we politely ducked out. In any event, it was some nice adult time that we were happy to have.

Tonight we are having the annual fire station party at our house. I am a little nervous as this is a new crew this year. I have a feeling that this group has a tendency to be a little wild! Stay tuned for an update and some potentially funny pictures.

What a great holiday weekend! I am so glad that I had the chance to share it with many of you:)

7 comments:

Heather J said...

What a handsome couple you make! You look beautiful & I'm hoping you survived your weekend of parties...

Jen said...

You look gorgeous! What a weekend of parties - I bet you're exhausted. Hope you get some time to relax real soon!

Jayne said...

Oh, so this is how you dressed for the annual firehouse party?! WOW-those guys and ladies sure take the opportunity to be out of their gear and run away with it!!!! Ya'll looked great for what sounds like it turned out to be a fun date night/must-do party!! Now you can relax this week!!

Heidi said...

You guys look ready to party:) You look great!! Glad you had such a fun festive weekend and I'm sure ready for some down time.

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! Hope all the parties went well. I wish you the merriest of Christmases!

dandsratz said...

Look at that HOT MAMA in her sleak black dress!!! I'm so glad that ya'll had such a great holiday weekend!! Thank you SOOO much for hosting us Friday night--we had a ball!! Spilled ice tea and all!! Ha!! :)

Katy said...

How BEAUTIFUL you both look!!! So gorgeous! I know you were worn out after the big weekend - hopefully this weekend brings some R&R soon!

Christmas at MawMaws

More Christmas Pictures!

Anna's Photo Class Project

Corolla

Greyson's Birthday Family Dinner

Parker and Daddy Surfing!

Nags Head

Greyson Surfing!

Fourth of July

Graduation Slide Show