MawMaw and her "Duders!"
Every year at ASCS, they have a special day for grandparents. The classrooms prepare a special breakfast, and each teacher prepares a special activity. Then the children put on a special program for the grandparents in the sanctuary. It is such a wonderful morning, and this year both boys enjoyed they day. MawMaw and Aunt Sarah went, and so did Grandaddy. PawPaw had a biopsy to do, and Grandma was sick, so they couldn't make it. Bummer. In any event, my mom and sister said the morning was just delightful. I am so glad that Sarah was here to join in. She was here all week and spoiled the boys rotten. She left this morning to go back to Philly, but I am sure we will see her soon. What a great week!!!







8 comments:
What a special day to honor grandparents, especially in a day where grandparents are involved in children's lives even more so than when we were young, as a lot of them are babysitting and even at times, the parents! It's great to honor these wonderful people in our children's lives and the gifts they are. I love every time Grayson gets to see granparents, as they add so much to his life!!
Glad Aunt Sarah got to get in on some of the fun too!!
The boys look so handsome in their sweater vests. I always loved Grandparent's Day - the grandparents are a hoot!
How wonderful that Sarah was able to be here to celebrate too! Their vests are adorable, and I know how glad and thankful you are to grandparents nearby that can be a part of these very very special occasions!!!
PS - Parker's hat cracks me up - does he still hate his hair short??
Grandparents day was a blast! Love your pics. Looks like everyone had a great time!
It's so nice when they have those special day for the grandparents and that your mom was able to be there and a special bonus to have Auntie there too. I know they enjoyed their time with her!!
Everytime I see Sarah with your boys, I think of the treasured time I had with my neices and nephews before I had children of my own. Hannah, my oldest neice, and I were talking about just that today! Anyway, it is so wonderful the boys can share their love with all of their family so often! That is an unspeakable gift. I know Sarah must absolutely treasure that time, just as I did. I certainly still love spending time with them still, but it is always accompanied by my obligation and privelege of my own children.
Natalie...this is so cute. I love the smile on his face and he looks so proud. I love the new look on your blog!
So many things to say--1st, I LOVE your new blog look!!! YEAH!!! 2nd, what an AWESOME day at school with the Grandparents!! And what an extra special treat to have Sarah there!! Parker and that hat though is still the BEST!!! Natalie, you have got to amazingly handsome little boys on your hands!!! I LOVED these pictures!
Post a Comment