Sunday, April 6, 2008

Releasing the Praying Mantis

So yes, we took our praying mantis egg with Florida because we were afraid it would hatch while we were gone. But, it didn't. We came back, and Alexander's had hatched, but ours was still just sitting there. Just as we thought we might have a bum egg, the next morning, I came downstairs to this......


It was actually pretty neat! We went over to a bush across the street, and let most of them go. We still have a few, and are getting ready to go on a bug hunt for some food:) Ought to be interesting to see how long these guys live. I think next year we may do ladybugs...Sue, are you in?




6 comments:

Katy said...

I was WONDERING when yours hatched - before or after your trip. I cant' believe you really took it with you!! How did that go in security!!! Hilarious!

Heidi said...

How Fun!! You are the best mom to dive into these fun fun nature projects with them. I know the boys are loving that and learning alot!!!

Heather J said...

Yucko!!!!!!!!!

Mandy said...

Cool!! The boys had to LOVE this!

dandsratz said...

Wasn't it a LITTLE scary!!! I LOVED it, but reminded me of an old horror film--the ATTACK OF THE MANTIS!! he he!! :)

Jayne said...

Who wouldn't love the ladybugs over those mantis's?! At least they are pretty to look at!

Christmas at MawMaws

More Christmas Pictures!

Anna's Photo Class Project

Corolla

Greyson's Birthday Family Dinner

Parker and Daddy Surfing!

Nags Head

Greyson Surfing!

Fourth of July

Graduation Slide Show