This is a post for future memories. Here are a few amusing conversations with the boys over the past few weeks.
A couple of nights ago, the boys and I were lying in bed saying prayers. Greyson got the hiccups. After a few hiccups, he said "Mommy, I have the hiccups. I'm not sure I can go to sleep." Parker chimed in and said, "Brudder, you know what hiccups mean." Greyson said, "What?" Parker emphatically said, "It means you are growing!" Snickering I said, "What Parker? Are you sure?" Parker sat straight up and said, "Yes, Daddy told me so."
The other night at the baseball award ceremony, Greyson was named MVP. He smiled and we cheered. He walked up and got his award. When he came back to the table he whispered to Kevin, "Daddy, what does MVP mean?" Oh, if only that humility will stick with him as he excels!
And today, as Kevin and Parker were driving home from school, they noticed that the dead deer that has been on the side of the road for days had eight vultures on top of it. Kevin took the opportunity to explain to Parker how the cycle of life works in the wild. After he said it all, he asked Parker if he thought God designed it that way on purpose. Without skipping a beat, Parker said, "Yes. God is pretty smart!"
Gotta love it.
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago







3 comments:
God is SO smart - and look how smart and precious he has made these two, sweet little boys of yours!!!
I always love the 'brudder' comments!
I love the innocence - only if he knew about being MVP! Congrats Greyson!!
What a cute hiccup story! I love it! You mean if I hiccup alot, will I grow taller too? I've always wanted to be taller. SIGH.....
Post a Comment