Wow, this year has come and gone and it has been a doozy. Health issues, church changes, job changes, friends with struggles of all sorts, and yet I look back and have to say that all in all we are unbelievably blessed. My two boys, as challenging as they are sometimes, are flourishing. My husband has been so successful at his work and in his schooling, and he continues to love me despite all of my idiosyncrasies. My sister has found the love of her life and is doing so well in school. My parents are right next door and have always been so important and special to us in our daily lives. My in-laws just rock. My brother has the sweetest girlfriend ever and he is finally becoming a man. My grandmother has escaped a close call with coming face to face with our Lord. And my friends have been so amazing and constant.
I am looking forward to the new year and all of its blessings and challenges. I am committed to improving some areas of my life and hope to be held accountable (hint hint!!!). First, I am going to get in shape. NOT because I need to lose weight, but because I can tell that I have hit that over-thirty stage and I need to be heart healthy. Second, I am going to focus on my relationship with Kevin. We will be celebrating 10 years of marriage this year, and I want the next 10 to be as good as or even better than the first. I plan on reading and taking the Love Dare. Not because we are struggling, but because I want to to start the new year with a fresh perspective on my love for the love of my life. And third, I am going to focus of being grateful for what I have and asking only for what I need. As I get older and as I learn the hard way, I am coming to learn that sometimes the more you have, the more complicated life can become. I will just leave it at that. Those, in a nutshell, are my three goals for the year. And of course, overarching all those goals, will be keeping God in the forefront as I approach my health, my marriage, and my family's lifestyle.
So, there it is. Thank you Lord for 2008 and all of the blessings and challenges that accompanied the year. And thank you Lord in advance for all of the blessings and challenges that lie ahead. Happy New Year to all!
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago







4 comments:
I loved your 'new year' post - what great resolutions!! This morning I was just reflecting in the car about what I should resolve to do - so many things I should resolve to do, but want to be 'realistic'! I would like to do the Love Dare too....
What a sweet way to open your heart! Thanks for sharing your very personal resolutions. May you be blessed so very much each and every day! Love to those boys!
Oh Nat, what a super post!!! Happy Happy New Year!! Talk to you tomorrow, I'm sure!! We missed church this am....both the babies have nasty colds. Ugh! :)
what a year it's going to be for the mann family!!! i love your 3 resolutions and will cheer you on for all three! want to go for a run sometime? :)
Post a Comment