Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Poor Scooby





On Sunday, as I was putting the finishing touches on a Supreme Court Brief, Parker came inside and told me that Scooby got caught on a nail. Not having heard any screaming or yelping, I did not think much of it. Shortly thereafter, Kevin came in with Scooby in tow. Apparently, the boys were playing football in the backyard and tried to retrieve the ball from over the fence. When they did, a section of fence fell down, and they went over it. Scooby followed and caught his side on a nail.

Well, as you can see, "caught his side" is an under statement. He ripped his side open in two spots and had to have tons of stitches and a drain put in. He also tore his legs open in two spots that also required stitches. As result he has a lovely lampshade collar that keeps him from ripping it all out and licking himself until he gets infected. Poor thing. The first night he was up all night in pain. Now, he just continues to run into walls and everything else in the house because he cannot see a thing. In fact, we are on our second collar because the first one met its demise after coming into contact with too many walls! He went to the vet today and cannot have the drain taken out until this weekend. Sigh. Hopefully by then most of the wounds will be healed and we will be left with one small incision where the drain used to be. But, I guess we will see.

7 comments:

The Hudson Family said...

Oh my goodness - poor puppy dog!!! I bet the boys were traumatized! You poor girl!

dandsratz said...

Oh Natalie, it was one thing to hear you describe this over the phone, but a complete 'nother to see these pictures!! It makes my heart complete ache for Scooby!! You know I'm not a dog person, but seriously Scooby is SOOOO darn sweet that I really do like him, and to see him hurt like this...it makes me cringe!! Maybe he needs a new coach collar!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Poor baby. Sending our love to Scooby!!!

Heather J said...

Sorry bout Scooby, but so glad it wasn't a precious Mann boy!!!

Katy said...

oh my word - that's AWFUL!!! and i thought little boys were dangerous!!!

Mandy said...

poor puppy:( yes, I know he's huge, but when they're hurt, they're all puppies:(

Katy said...

by the way, i checked back today to see if there was a picture of all your boys crying over the devastating football weekend that we all suffered. You can tell Parker that when I David and I finished watching the game on Saturday night, we were so annoyed! We had DVRd it, so we finished it up around 9:30 pm. David was so mad that he went out and dug my flower beds up to mulch in the DARK to get some frustration out. So we're sending our condolences...and to Kevin too on the death of his Giants. Sigh.

Christmas at MawMaws

More Christmas Pictures!

Anna's Photo Class Project

Corolla

Greyson's Birthday Family Dinner

Parker and Daddy Surfing!

Nags Head

Greyson Surfing!

Fourth of July

Graduation Slide Show