The Ratz family came over for ice cream and playtime on Friday night, and Sue said something that rings so true, especially on Mother's Day. We were talking about sweet Madeline, and she said, "It has only been two weeks, and I can't even imagine life without her."
I was sitting in church on Sunday morning, and just felt so overwhelmed with the incredible blessings Kevin and I have been given in our children. Greyson decided to join us in service, and I looked over and just gushed with joy as his blue eyes met mine. At lunch, Parker crawled into my lap and asked me to squeeze him tight. When I did, he squealed with joy and burst out in laughter. My heart just swelled. Sue is right, I cannot remember what life was like without them.
Sure, I remember the selfish things. Like having time to get a pedicure, having a little extra money to spend on just me, or having time to take time if I wanted to. But really, what does any of that compare to the indescribable feelings that parenthood brings? I just love my family more than anything in the world, and sometimes I cannot believe that I have been entrusted with such an amazing gift. I cherish all the good and the bad. I live to breathe in the sweet smell of their hair, to see their not-so-tiny hands in mine, and to snuggle up as often as I can.
Thank you Lord for giving me the chance to love so deeply. I know the depth of my love for my children, and I know that it pales in comparison to the depth of Your love for me. It may take a lifetime for me to even fathom that, but I praise You for your amazing love.
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago







7 comments:
Natalie, I could not have said this better. I think you speak for all of us Moms with this post. I was thinking of the same things today as I reflected on what God has given me with my Husband and my girls. Happy Mother's Day!
Natalie, this is SO true! I am so often reminded of how wonderful our life is with our children and how I can't remember what life was like before. I don't even want to! What a blessing it truly is to have these little ones entrusted to us, it makes me teary just thinking about it!
Perfectly said. How blessed we are to have a life so full with these precious little ones.
Your words are perfect!
I couldn't agree more -how awesome is it that God has blessed us with such wonderful little men!!!
It is the most immeasurable love we can humanly fathom, and you're right, GOd's love is even bigger!
I am feeling that more and more with my children and just enjoying them so much lately! Well put....
Post a Comment