Friday, May 23, 2008






Today, I spent most of the day in bed. I don't know what hit me, but last night, after the ball game, I got sick. At about 11:00, I ran to the bathroom and re-visited the dinner from Kelly's that Kevin's parents had bought us a couple of hours before. Uggh. I am not sure if it was a bug, or if it was something I ate, but it was awful. And this morning wasn't much better. It was all I could do to get the boys dressed and off to school. Thank goodness by about 4 p.m. I was feeling like I could actually get out of bed.

Good thing I did because Kevin called us to come out to Military Circle Mall to watch the Nightingale helicopter land. It is EMS month, and they flew the copter out there so that people could chat with the medics and inspect the aircraft. It really is amazing. The cargo area is incredibly small...it is so unbelievable that so much high intensity, life-saving action goes on back there. In any event, to watch the helicopter land was really cool, and the boys were in awe.

One last thing...funny story. There were several younger girls out there, and one in particular asked Kevin if she could take a picture with him. Couldn't blame her....he looks so rugged and handsome in his gear. Anyway, I am not sure what Parker was thinking, but he came up behind this girl and grabbed her rear. She about jumped to the moon and I about died. Holy Cow, where did he learn that?!?! Oh yeah, from that firefighter that she was taking a picture of...know you know what goes on in the Mann household:)

3 comments:

Jayne said...

That's so funny Natalie! I am sure the boys were on cloud nine or maybe 10 getting to see that with Daddy there in his gear and all! I know another little boy, and a big one for that matter, who would have loved it too!! Glad you're feeling better!

Tiffany said...

Hey Natalie, that is hilarious. I LOVE the first picture. They look great. How fun for the boys though. My Paiyton is so in love with Helicoptors for some reason and as you know is drawn to the boy stuff herself. We miss everyone already and will see you all soon. Stay in touch though!

Katy said...

totally laughing out loud here!! sorry you were feeling so crummy - yuck!!! What fun for the boys (and for the blushing bride) to get to see Kevin in all his gear and being the hero of the day!! Of course the girls were swooning - good for Parker for putting them in their place! :)

Christmas at MawMaws

More Christmas Pictures!

Anna's Photo Class Project

Corolla

Greyson's Birthday Family Dinner

Parker and Daddy Surfing!

Nags Head

Greyson Surfing!

Fourth of July

Graduation Slide Show