So it is official. Melia and Scooby are best buds. Yes, we knew it would happen, it was just a matter of when. And to be honest, we thought it was going to be later than sooner. Melia has finally accepted that Scooby is here to stay. She greets him in the morning when I take him out of the kennel, and she wrestles and plays with him outside and inside the house! AMAZING. When she is tired, or when she has the sacred racquet ball, she is prone to growl at him to let him know to stay away. But no more intense barking or snapping! Yippee!
I have to say, I love these dogs. I have always had a passion for animals, especially dogs. I always had one growing up, and somehow they have always made my family life complete. Now, at night, we all gather in the den with the dogs at our feet. Sometimes we just play, other times we read, and sometimes we all just snuggle. Surely, the dogs are not people, but I do not want them to be. Just as they are, they fill a place in our hearts that are reserved strictly for them, and we love them so dearly. And we know they love us. When we rescued Scooby, Kevin said to him, "dog, you just won the jackpot and you don't know it yet." Isn't that the truth:)
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago







5 comments:
How cute are they snuggled all up together!! I'm so glad they've decided to love each other as much as you guys love them!!!
Such sweet Puppy Love - they'll be friends forever.
It's probably such a relief now that Meliah has accepted her new baby brother:) How sweet!! She probably thought I might as well look at the bright side...now I have a new playmate.
Oh my word Nat!!! That is SOOOO sweet!!! I'm so glad that they have taken to each other so!!!
I'll never quite understand the animal lover and the objects of their affections!! You weren't kidding about the size-WOW! He is a big puppy-dog already.
Post a Comment