Well, it is already 2008, and I am just now getting around to posting about Christmas. As many of you know, my grandfather, Pops, died shortly after Christmas last year. It was expected, as he was very ill. Needless to say, last Christmas was a difficult one, and was very bitter sweet. Although we could rejoice in the birth of our Savior, a very tangible loss hit very close to home. This year, his absence was felt, but we took the fond memories and had an incredible Christmas.
In the Pavon house, Christmas celebrations start on the 1st of December. The trees (yes, count them, all 9 of them) go up and the merriment begins. The boys are inundated with little trinkets and books, carols and treats, and some of the most fantastic family and friend gatherings on the face of this earth!
Sunday night before Christmas, my parents came over to the house for pizza and presents. Because the boys are so overwhelmed with all of the chaos that naturally comes with Christmas day, we started a tradition of celebrating with my parents a few days before Christmas. That way, we are not rushed, and the boys can spend quality time with MawMaw and PawPaw. The highlight of the night was watching Kevin and my mom attempt to transform the gigantic Bumblebee Transformers that the boys opened. You truly have to be an engineer to figure them out. Anyway, it was fun, and a great way to wind down from the Progressive Day and a weekend of family festivities.
Christmas Eve day, we went to Station 4 for a mid-day dinner with Kevin and his crew. Katie was so nice to give me a very easy and good mac and cheese recipe. Too bad it took me three tries to get it right:) Oh well! This year, we spent Christmas Eve night at mom and dad's house. Kevin found someone to work for him, and we had a casual family get together. Somehow, around 9 or so each Christmas, Santa flies over the house and the boys hear his sleigh bells. They look up in the sky trying to find a glimpse of Santa's sleigh, or Rudolph's nose, and then they make a beeline for the door. As Santa is close by, they do not want their house to be passed over.
Christmas morning was the best!!! The boys awoke to two red Powerwheels ATVs, and various other presents, including Transformers, Legos, and other little trinkets. Mom, Dad, Sarah and Aunt Taunyia came down to see the loot and to have a leisurely breakfast while the boys immersed themselves in their toys. Around noon, we headed to Kevin's parents for more gifts and lunch. They boys played with their cousins, and I took a little nap. Little did I know, that was a sign I was about to get sick:(
That night, I was so ill. In the morning, I was so dehydrated my dad almost sent me to the ER for an IV of fluid. I was miserable. Thank goodness that Kevin was home and could take care of the munchkins. Greyson followed suit the same day, and Wednesday night, we spent together in the sick room. Wow, what a Christmas gift we were given:) Oh well. I have to say, as miserable as we were, we did have the most fantastic Christmas ever.
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago







6 comments:
OH NO!!! Natalie, I'm so sorry to hear you were sick!!! How awful!! I was just thinking as I was reading all these blogs how glad I was that everyone stayed healthy!!! I'm so sorry - hopefully you are fully recovered now?? Ugh!!
and what happened with the mac & cheese???
Ugh, how come everyone gets sick at Christmas? It hit our family too.... The boys are at the perfect age now where Christmas is soooo special!! Glad your Christmas was wonderful, despite getting sick!!!
You guys have a lot of cool traditions. It's nice to be surrounded by family like ya'll are - especially at the holidays. Glad the boys had such a great time celebrating and hope you're over that yucky thing going around.
Natalie, your boys look SOOOO adorable!! I'm so glad that ya'll had such a great Christmas!! What perfect family memories ya'll are making!! I laughed so hard at the "trying to figure out the transformers" part w/ Kevin & your mom...we gave Alexander one, and its still in a million pieces b/c I cannot figure the silly thing out!! :)
You caught the bug that I had the week before Christmas! Maybe it was all the Christmas fun that wore you down. It's so great that all of your family is so close by that you can still be home and visit with all them too in the course of a day! I loved reading about all of your little traditions adn celebrations. Is the new bumblebee transformer going to be the "favorite" for Greyson??
Despite being sick, it sounds like you made the best of it. So sorry to hear you weren't feeling well.
Those hateful transformers!! Bradley got a little one and can't figure them out either:)!!!! HA!
Post a Comment