Oh how familiar we have become with CHKD. Today we were there for yet another procedure, this time for Parker's tummy. He had an EGD and a colonoscopy. He had to be without food for 48-hours, and he has pooped more than any one person should have to poop in that allotted time frame! In any event, we were looking for signs of Crohn's Disease or Celiacs Disease. Thank goodness the doctor said that everything looks normal but we will have to wait for confirmation from the biopsy. The bad news is that Parker's blood work indicates that something is wrong, and we must continue on this wild goose chase until we find it:( On Friday he is having a CT with contrast which means another IV and another procedure. He will also have some more extensive blood work. UGGGH.
I have to say that today he was such a trooper. Because he was so frantic last time he was there, they gave him a pre-med which sedated him a little before they took him back. He still had trouble waking up...he got really feisty like he did last time. They even moved us to our own area because he was screaming so loud. Poor Abbey, our nurse, had the pleasure of dealing with Parker for the second time. Yes, she remembered us:) Funny thing, she is pregnant with a boy who will be named Parker! Parker thought that was way cool.
In any event, we are home and settled, and Parker is eating us out of house and home. He is just so glad to be able to have food again. Thanks for all of the prayers and well wishes. We will continue to need them as we try to find the cause of his tummy aches and inconsistencies in his blood work. Love to all!!!
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago







8 comments:
It was so good to see him last night eating everything in sight and looking so good! We will be praying tomorrow...I know that you are relieved to hear the good news from Tuesday, and yet it makes it hard to still not have an answer.. Please keep us posted on sweet Parker.
we are praying for Parker! we hope you have some clear answers soon!
What an ordeal that precious little man is going through!! I was so releived to hear that everything went so well yesterday...I was worried about him through all of that! We will be praying SOOO hard on Friday!! Big Big kisses to that precious Parker!!
We will be lifting Parker and your family up in our prayers. I can't imagine not eating for 48 hours - he's a tough little man!
I sure will be praying for the end of all this to soon be in sight for your little buddy and his tummy to be back to normal soon. I know it's all no fun for sure!!
Parker is certainly in our daily prayers! Hugs and Love to him!
Thanks for the update Natalie. I prayed for Parker and ya'll on Tuesday. God is in the miracle business and maybe after all of this there won't be anything to find!! Keep posting updates so I will know how to pray for all of you and especially Parker's body.
I can't imagine not eating for 48hrs. We'll continue to pray for Parker -thanks for the update.
Post a Comment