Well, they did it. They really can make it through the night without me and/or Kevin. Yes, the boys actually spent the night out for the first time ever. You heard me correctly, the FIRST time ever. Now I know that many of your kids have been doing this since they were tiny, but I have never been able to do it. Nor have the boys. Oh, there was that first time for Greyson when he was 9 months old, still nursing, not taking a bottle, and very needy. He stayed with mom and dad for a little over 24 hours while we attended a wedding in Carolina, and I think it was 20 hours too long:)
In any event, my mom has been talking to the boys about spending the night with her in the "big bed." It has taken a while for them to agree, but they finally did. They loved it. They packed their book bags with their favorite blankets and enough stuffed animals to fill a bed of their own, and they RAN down the gravel road. As always, mom was prepared. She had purchased some cool foam crafts and planned to eat at Five Guys (Greyson's FAVORITE burger place.) Kevin and I kissed them and left for a kid free night.
I told Kevin as we drove away that I was a little sad. He said he knew I would be. Somehow this is just another sign that they are growing up way too quickly right before my eyes. And as you know, for me there is something so profoundly special about having those two sweet boys in the next room over....or wrapped tight in my arms....in the middle of the night. In any event, they made it through the night, and came home with HUGE smiles on their faces. They had so much fun. Thanks mom and dad!!!!
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago







7 comments:
So glad they enjoyed their big sleepover - and I hope you and Kevin enjoyed it too!!! Somehow, I think knowing they are just down the street must make it a BIT easier, right??
And by the way, I'd about do ANYTHING for Five Guys!! :)
What a fun night - I'm glad they enjoyed themselves and everyone had a great time!
HOORAY!! Maybe now you'll do it again soon! My Grayson is away right now, adn I need this time. I know ya'll tease me that he's gone so much, but I think it's great for everyone involved! Your family might live close by and see the boys often, but the whole spending the night and chatting over breakfast is awesome bonding time. Not to mention that you and Kevin were child-free for a date night and Night!!
Good for you guys!! I know you enjoyed time with just your hubby and we all need time to reconnect with just them. We did that more before we had Alayna and always knew Bradley was in good hands and so enjoyed the time with just Craig.
Ok so I am going to try for the 5th time to comment on this entry. It keeps kicking me off.
First, Natalie, I cannot believe you have left me as the sole member of the "crazy attached mother" club. Seriously, need I remind you of our oath? I will let you back in, of course, as I know how attached we both are to our boys. You are probably the ONLY one laughing at this...but at least you get me, right?
I am happy you all had a wonderful evening...and how exciting it surely was to have them home the next morning. I nearly jump for joy everytime I pick up Benjamin at Mother's Morning out...so I am sure you were ecstatic.
Eventually, we will both give up our role in the crazy attached mom's club, when are kids are like 40 or something. Until then, everyone else can think we are nuts.
I am indeed proud of you for being so brave...and truly, I mean that!
Natalie Mann--this means we can take a crusie--just the four of us now, right!!?? Carribean interveiws HERE WE COME!!!! :)
P.S. This comment is from Dave...he was just reading through the comments and he is a little concerned about what Katy would do for "Five Guys"....he wonders if David knows about this and if he's okay with what Katy will do for 5 guys!! he he he!!!!
Post a Comment