Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Thank You!

Where do I begin? I have so much to say, but cannot find the words. I am sure that Jayne knows how I feel at this moment, as she has recently experienced what it is like to be showered in love in a way that only God and those who love Him can. I do not even know what is in store for Parker at this moment, as we are still awaiting the results of his tests. But I know for certain that whatever awaits us, we are surrounded by so many people with such huge hearts and a willingness to help carry our burdens.

As I sat surrounded by some of my dearest friends, and listened to them reach out to God on my family's behalf, as well as cry for my heartache, I was more touched than I have been in a long while. I was just so humbled and amazed that so many people cared enough about me and my family to sit with me, pray with me, and love me in a way that is beyond words.

I have always struggled with my tendency to want to control everything in my life. At those times when I need to let go and hand everything over to God, those are the times that is seems the hardest to do just that. And as a believer, I see now more than ever how important it is to be surrounded by those who also believe, and who can help you pray and walk through the times when you are so afraid to let God handle it all. I was telling Katy that I cried my eyes out on Sunday when the worship team sang "Surrender." It touched my heart and allowed me to take that deep breath and hand everything over to Him. Not knowing the outcome is hard, but knowing that God is in control gives me sense of strength that I know could not come from anyone but Him.

I sincerely thank each of you for helping me through this. For those of you who seem to multi-task so well that a meal appears, I thank you. For those of you who have the gift of placing that one much needed call or email, I thank you. For those of you who are diligent prayer warriors, I thank you. For those of you who have helped to show me Christ and to help grow my faith, I thank you. For those of you who always love on my boys, I thank you. For those of you who have lead by quiet example, I thank you. For those of you who know when to say something, or who know when no words are needed, I thank you. For those of you who have offered to babysit, cook, or make a long trip into town to hold my hand, I thank you. And to those of you who are just plain wonderful at being my friend, sister, mom, dad, or family, I thank you. I love you more than you will know, and thank you will never be enough.

9 comments:

Katy said...

Thank YOU, Natalie, for being such a treasured part in our life and for allowing us to walk through this with you. When I walked into Jacob's class on Sunday afternoon and saw you sitting with him and loving on him (so patiently), I was reminded yet again at how tender your heart is. I know all too well how hard it is to relinquish control, but how great is our God that He just wraps us up in His arms - even if our fists are balled up!! We love you, Natalie!

Jen said...

You are being so strong and courageous. I know God is holding you in His hands. We'll continue to pray for His Peace to surround you and your family as you await test results.

Mandy said...

Hi Natalie. I got to your blog through Katy's. I just wanted you to know that we are praying for Parker. I had no idea this was going on. Jake made sure to say a prayer for him last night before bed, and we will continue to do so, for him and for all of you as you wait for the test results.
May God's love and peace surround you during this time of uncertainty.

Anonymous said...

Natalie, we will keep praying and praying and praying for Parker, for you, Kevin, and Greyson. It is so hard to turn things over, especially when we are trying to be strong at the same time. My heart aches for all of you...know that this family is praying for you. I am reminded of something a friend told me when I was praying for EmmaKate and her health issues. She reminded me to pray humbly, but boldly...meaning we kneel humbly in His Presence, but we ask boldly for His Hand, remembering how incredibly mighty our Living God is. We are doing just that for you! Love and Hugs!

Katy said...

Our biblestudy small group from Weds. AM is praying for your family as well (Mandy is in my small group). You are being loved and prayed for by women that don't even know you! How cool is that!

Heidi said...

We are praying and standing in agreement that this too shall pass and whatever is going on in his little body will leave and be no more. I pray that Satan will have no authority in this situation what so ever and that the hand of God will be all over it and surround your entire family with His love and mercy and be a testimony of what He can do to those who believe.

dandsratz said...

Natalie, you are absolutely priceless and the greatest treasure!! You KNOW that I love you like a sister!!! I heard your heart in this blog--made me cry! And so, I'll just call you instead of writing!! :)

anthonyandbeth said...

Natalie, Katy filled me in on what's going on with Parker and I want you to know that we are praying for him and for all of you during this uncertain time. God has surrounded you with precious friends who understand that helping you most is praying for your family. I know you are truly grateful for all of them. Harrison will be praying for Parker too, he was supposed to pick a friend to pray for through AWANA and I know he and Parker don't know each other well but Harrison will be lifting him up in prayer as his friend. We love you guys and look forward to seeing all the miracles God is going to work through your family!!!

Jayne said...

Sweet Natalie, there is something so unspeakable adn unmistakable about the power of God, the peace that only He can bring in the midst, the compassion seen on the faces of those that love you dearly, and the overwhelming feelings that you are unworthy of any of it but accept and cherish it all at the same time. We are uplifting all of your family at this time and anticipate the miracles that God will work, not just in Parker, but in your family and beyond as well.

Christmas at MawMaws

More Christmas Pictures!

Anna's Photo Class Project

Corolla

Greyson's Birthday Family Dinner

Parker and Daddy Surfing!

Nags Head

Greyson Surfing!

Fourth of July

Graduation Slide Show