Okay, so in my family, we are all about the reward system. We have been struggling with school and bedtime with Greyson. The transition has been less than smooth, and we have not found a solution yet. So, my mom's latest idea was Halloween incentives. When I arrived home the other day, I found a large spider, some webbing, and a sign that said "Spooky." She knows that I prefer the harvest theme, but the boys think the Halloween decorations are super cool. Besides, if this works, I am game for just about anything.
So, in any event, in an effort to elicit less crying and more smiles, mom has promised a Halloween surprise at the end of each week between now and Halloween SO LONG AS the boys have enough stickers on the orange behavior chart that is currently hanging on the kitchen pantry door. The boys are very excited about the prospect of orange lights and spiders, while I shudder at what my front porch is going to look like in a month:) Oh well.
Night before last, we spent some time painting pumpkin posts that are currently by the front door. Nothing like homemade jack-o'-lanterns to accent the large bat that hovers overhead!!! Trick or Treat!!!!







6 comments:
it's great that you are all working together! how special for the boys to know that their grandma cares and is pleased with their good behavior! it's so great when we have family supporting us in this difficult, yet rewarding, journey as parents! here's to more Halloween decorations!
I hope these incentives work. It is great that your mom is so supportive and encouraging for the boys. I hope they get all their stickers and keep up the good work!
Sounds like your house may very well be "the one" in the neighborhood that's all decked out! Keep working at it, boys! :)
What "SPOOKY" FUN!! Alexander is going to want to come over and play with ya'll, for sure!! GO PARKER & GREYSON!!!!
I love how they are always so creative with their painting. They seem so content making their creations.
Nantlie-I loved delivering your meal to find your house beginning to look like Fall! Trevor would have a COW!! You can slowly add new things to transform your home from Fall to Foolish (for Halloween) pretty easily. And if it means the boys enjoy earning the right to do it-all the better!!
Post a Comment