Thursday, September 6, 2007

My Little Rembrant and My Little Picasso



Okay, so I have to say, I never thought that I could go almost a week without at post, and still beat Sue to it. I had to say it...it will never happen again, I'm sure! In any event, I just wanted to post a few pictures of my little artists in action. Greyson LOVES art, and has recently been enthralled with painting. My Aunt Donna gave him an artist set for his birthday, so we have moved from Crayola paint to real acrylic paint. He uses different brushes, and loves to work on canvas. I know...the mess could be ginormous, but the masterpieces are priceless!

Today my mom took the boys to the art store and bought two huge pieces of canvas board. I turned Parker loose with some Crayola paint, and I let Greyson break out his artist kit. I watched as Parker slapped the paint on the canvas and blended the colors together. He was careful in his color selection, but not afraid to mix them. The final product looked like a piece of modern art.

Greyson on the other hand was deliberate with his strokes. Clearly, he had a certain plan in mind. He drew a huge truck with a color pattern inside. The colors and lines were symmetrical....all neatly balanced. When he was finished, it was absolutely perfect. Oh, how this child is like his mother:)

In any event, I have two gorgeous paintings for the playroom, and I cannot wait to get them hung on the wall.

8 comments:

Jen said...

It is neat to see how differently they paint. Both have such a unique way of expressing themselves. Future artists for sure, and that's a great idea to do for decorating the playroom. I may have to buy some canvases and let Erin decorate our playroom.

Katy said...

What a GREAT idea!!! Isn't it just so funny to see how the boys do the same thing in completely different ways? I love it!!! The canvases turned out so great - way to go boys!! (And I'm glad to see that other boys do their crafts in their underwear too!) :)

anthonyandbeth said...

they did an amazing job! i'm going to steal this idea and have my boys decorate our playroom! what a GREAT idea! i, like Katy, am glad to see that other mom's allow their boys to run around and do projects in their underwear! too cute! :)

Anonymous said...

I must agree this is an ingenius way to decorate! How fun and how proud they will be to see their masterpieces hanging as works of art! GREAT JOB GUYS!

Heidi said...

Great job on your master pieces boys!! I love it. How their personalities do show in their work.

anthonyandbeth said...

we did it! i bought canvas today and the boys painted 'till their hearts content! you'll have to check the blog. thank you for sharing your idea! i can't wait to hang up the boys paintings in the play room! :)

Jayne said...

Isn't it amazing even down to the littlest thing you can see the differences! Incredible. Both of their paintings are masterpieces in their own unique right. Good job Greyson and Parker. When I need some new art for the wall, I know where to come!!

dandsratz said...

Natalie, what a fabulous idea!! What adorable artists you have!! I love it!

Christmas at MawMaws

More Christmas Pictures!

Anna's Photo Class Project

Corolla

Greyson's Birthday Family Dinner

Parker and Daddy Surfing!

Nags Head

Greyson Surfing!

Fourth of July

Graduation Slide Show