Sunday, September 30, 2007

Walking With Dinosaurs



So, I am still working on the Philly video. I may have to call in an expert. Until then, I have a few things to post. First, we were supposed to join our small group for a camping trip this weekend, but that did not work out. Kevin worked until after five on Friday putting in mom's kitchen floor, and the last thing I wanted to ask him to do was set up a campsite. He had to be on shift in the morning, and to tell you the truth, we needed a low-key family night out.

That being said, we headed to Pancakes n' Things for a quick supper and then we were off to Walking With Dinosaurs. I have to say, I probably should have known that Parker would rather sit in the hallway and eat a snow cone than see the humongous dinos. Yes, he did peek his head in every now and then, but to be honest, I think he was a little frightened. Or, he wanted some alone time with daddy. After all, as he said, "sometimes it is nice for it to be just you and me daddy." I think that was code for I am scared out of my boots, but I refuse to say so.

Greyson on the other hand was enthralled. The dinos were AMAZING and the scenery was great. I think he actually learned a lot about the different periods and the types of dinosaurs that existed in each. Of course, the T-Rex was a sight to see, but I think Greyson's favorite was the Brachiosaurus. Its head almost touched the ceiling of the Scope!!!

After the show, we walked to Station 1 to catch up with some of Kevin's buddies from his old shift. And, of course, the boys played on the trucks and the rescue boat. In any event, it was a great night. And although I was so excited about sleeping under the stars, this was the kind of night we needed.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Don't blame you one bit. The boys looked at the pictures of the dinos in the paper almost every day for the last several weeks. I bet it was an amazing sight!! We missed you though!

Jayne said...

I am not sure that a needed good family outing will get you out of the fact that weren't out with us amateur campers!! Glad though that you got a good family night in before Kevin was on shift on Saturday. I know that family-of-4 time is precious and rare!! I think Grayson would have been right out there with Parker in the hallway! that surprised me!

Christmas at MawMaws

More Christmas Pictures!

Anna's Photo Class Project

Corolla

Greyson's Birthday Family Dinner

Parker and Daddy Surfing!

Nags Head

Greyson Surfing!

Fourth of July

Graduation Slide Show