The past week has been a blast, especially since we have had family in town. Greyson and Parker's cousin, Kayla, was here from Monday to Thursday. She is almost seven, and we have made it a habit to try and get the boys together with her as much as possible. She lives in Northern Virginia, and that can be difficult at best, but we want them to have a close bond. I have to say that for the first time, I really think that both Greyson and Kayla were sad when her visit ended. She joined us for trips to Granddaddy's pool, a crab leg dinner, DQ ice cream, our 4th of July celebration, and a trip to the Living Museum. Believe it or not, they also had time to run around my mom's house and just play. They got along so well, and when Kayla was heading out the door, Greyson asked, "Does she really have to go?" I love it!!! It is so good to know that they are becoming good friends.
I also have a cousin visiting with my mom for the week. Reece happens to be the baby grandchild, and I am the oldest. Yes, I am technically old enough to be his mother, but that is beside the point. He decided to opt out of going home with Kayla and Aunt Lynette (they live next door to each other), in favor of staying in VB for a few extra days. He has been to see two movies, to the beach, out to eat, and all kinds of fun stuff. Today we (me, Greyson, Parker, Reece, and Greyson's friend Korbin) all went to play laser lag. It was a blast! Reece actually got 2nd and 3rd place in two of the games, beating out 25 or more competitors! We then headed to Y Not for pizza and cheese fries. It was so much fun. I have to say that I have really enjoyed having him around. We don't get to see him much, and before now, I really haven't had much of a chance to get to know him. But, he is so kindhearted and such a joy!
At any rate, I am so grateful to have such a big family. And spending time with them over the past few days has been wonderful! Here's to a few more days of good family fun:)
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago







3 comments:
There's nothing like family. Natalie, you are so blessed to have a lot of family close by. Cherish all the little moments and enjoy all the family outings for those of us who don't get to experience them quite as often.
Natalie, one of the things that I love about your family is not only do they all show the love for each other, but we "outsiders" too! I love it that I can go over to your mom's and chat with your mom, sister, grandparents, etc. and at that enormous kitchen table, ANYONE can feel like a Pavon & Mann! We love your family! What a blessing they are, for sure!! :)
What a dare devil!! YIKES...my heart did a flip flop just looking at a picure.
Post a Comment