Indulge me a bit. I know that all of my posts have been about the kids, and our crazy hectic life. But I have to stop for a moment and acknowledge something that always seems to take a back seat when it comes to providing for Greyson and Parker. That is, I have an incredible husband who loves me so dearly.
Let's face it, I am not always easy to love. I have a slight tendency to be a perfectionist, and patience is not my strongest virtue. I also tend to be a little high maintenance. Let's just say two words: Coach and Yurman. Oh yeah, two more: No camping! Well, regardless, Kevin never misses a beat. He takes my less than admirable traits and rolls with the punches. And sometimes, like last night, he even indulges me a bit.
Yesterday was our 8th wedding anniversary. We didn't have any big plans, just dinner and a glass of wine at Coastal Grill. As I was getting ready, Kevin came it to tell me how beautiful I looked. But then he said, something was missing. He left the bathroom and came back with a box from Fink's. First thought..holy cow, I only have a sappy card. After all, that it what we have been doing since we had kids...cards and dinner. So, I told him that I appreciated the gesture, but he shouldn't have. It was too extravagant. And his response was something along the lines of "it has been so long since I bought you something nice, you deserve it." I opened the box to find Yurman earrings to match my bracelet and ring. Perfect. For those of you who don't know, I love jewelry. Specifically, Yurman and diamonds. For the fist couple of years of our marriage, I was treated to these often. But with kids, there always seemed to be other ways to spend our extra cash. I guess this time Kev just put a little extra aside so that he could make my night...my week...my year.
So thank you Lord for giving me such a great husband, who balances me and understands me, and provides for me like no one else could. And here's to many more years in our crazy house, with our crazy kids, and loving every minute (okay, almost every minute) of it! Maybe along the way, I will be pleasantly surprised with that green box and gold ribbon a time or two, but as long as we are together, nothing else matters. I love you Kevin.
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago







6 comments:
Okay, so I'm totally tearing up!! That was the sweetest blog! Natalie, FIRST and foremost--you are the EASIEST person to love!! And with that said, you are high maintanece, but thats why we love you, too! (Cause I am too--and we make each other look good! Ha!) But, you are right, Kevin is an amazing husband to you and a phenomenal daddy to ya'lls precious babies! So here's to Kevin and Natalie--Happy Happy Anniversary and may you both have many more blessed years together and several sparkles of Yurman diamonds! I cannot WAIT to see it!! GO KEVIN!!
I second Sue's comment! I totally cried--we have an anniversary coming up and it always makes me relective too. Here's to your 8 years together and all of the memories, trials, joys, love, and commitment that will prod you forward into the next 8 and beyond!! Way to go Kevin (and all the husbands) for recognizing just when we need that little something extra.
Points for Kevin - that's awesome!! Here's to another 8 years that are even more fabulous than the first 8!!! Congratulations guys!
Wow!! What an amazing hubby Kevin is to you! I love that he was able to suprise you!! Congrats on a wonderful 8 years together! I know you have many more ahead of you! God has blessed you with a wonderful HUSBAND and FRIEND!!! Happy Anniversary!!!!
Oh Natalie, that's so awesome!!! Sounds like he knows how to love you in one of your love languages. If you haven't ever read that book "the 5 love languages" that's what I'm talking about. It talks all about loving your spouse in his/hers love language and it's an incredible book. Anyway, SO CUTE...
What a great anniversary. Congratulations! It was a sweet blog to read. Thanks for sharing. I meant to ask you this morning if I could see your new jewels :)
Post a Comment