Friday, July 6, 2007

Fourth of July Fun!

I know that each of my friends will probably create an entry about our Fourth of July get together. But, there is a reason why. It was FANTASTIC! Our small group from church (six couples and their 14+ kids) headed to First Landing State Park for a beach day. The sun was shining, the water was perfect, and Sue and Dave were late. All was right with the world! Just kidding...sort of:) Between the food, the boat, and the company, the day was just perfect. I think I could write ten pages about the day, but I wanted to focus on one thing in particular, and that is the amazing way that the Lord places certain people in our lives.

As I sat on my beach chair surrounded by friends and a gaggle full of laughing children, I felt so blessed. Even though I do not get to see my friends as often as some of them see each other, the time between our visits never seems to matter. Maybe it is because we all have small children and we have similar life circumstances. Maybe it is because we all love our families and love to be together. Maybe it is because we can read each others' thoughts and can anticipate each others' needs. Maybe it is because we have this instinct to love on each others' children without hesitation. Or maybe it is because we all truly love the Lord that has placed these women in our lives. Whatever it is, I can say that I love each lady with all my heart and I had a blast spending the day with them.

I also sat in my chair, side by side with these ladies, as we watched the men in our lives single-handedly tame a bunch of energetic children. Whether it was swimming in the ocean, digging in the sand, or pulling the kids in the tube, it warmed my heart to see so many hands-on dads. Not only do they provide for their families, they take an active part in their children's lives. I know that I am just so thankful to have Kev as a husband and father to my little ones.

Lastly, I am always overwhelmed at how incredibly wonderful children can be. Yes, we had an occasional fight over a shovel and the intermittent crying of little ones who were not content to sit in their strollers. But all in all, the children were just plain happy. They were smiling from ear to ear and reveling in the joy of splashing in the water or making sand castles in the sand. And as I held two of the little ones I was even more so reminded of how blessed we are to be mothers.

So, to the friends, husbands and children that the Lord has so graciously placed in my life, I love you all. And I cannot wait until we get together again!

3 comments:

Katy said...

Yes, I've read every ladies' blog about what a fabulous day the 4th was, and I wholeheartedly say Amen!!! To all of it. I am so thankful for your friendship, our children's friendships, and our husbands' friendships. God has truly blessed us. You made me smile!!! Love you!

dandsratz said...

Natalie--you make me want to cry!! Everything you wrote was SOO true! We are completely blessed with our group, aren't we!! But, hands down, it wouldn't be what it is with out you!! We love you and Kevin & the boys DEARLY!! Besides, I'd be bored with out you--who would we pick on!! :)

Jayne said...

I got tears in my eyes reading your entry. Although we don't see each other often and sometimes there is no time for a meaning ful bonding expereince between women, we are all connected and bonded through the Lord and our love for family and friends and togetherness. I hope we can do this several more times this summer. Fun was had by all-Daddys, Mommys, and kiddos!

Christmas at MawMaws

More Christmas Pictures!

Anna's Photo Class Project

Corolla

Greyson's Birthday Family Dinner

Parker and Daddy Surfing!

Nags Head

Greyson Surfing!

Fourth of July

Graduation Slide Show