Sunday, July 15, 2007

Weekending Mann Family Style!


So, my college roommate Allison, and her boyfriend Cenk, came to vist this weekend. They came for Easter and survived life in the Mann household, so they thought they would brave the storm again. And I have to say, they handle life, aka chaos, like old pros. They arrived late on Friday night, missing Parker, but hearing Greyson as he called for me at least five times before conking out. On Saturday morning, they were treated to dart gun wars over pancakes as we tried to rally for a day at the beach. Finally, we made it to the bay, and aside from the crab that Greyson put in Miss Allison's chair, the day was awesome. Alli played in the water with Parker and Greyson while Cenk and Kevin played football and hunted for hermit crabs. By 4 o'clock, we were all sandy and tired, and ready for a home cooked meal. We came back to the house, grilled out with my parents, my sister, and our friend Taunyia. It was a ball. I had to be out the door early on Sunday, so we did not get a chance to visit. But, we had a great time and cannot wait until they come back! Thanks for a great weekend Alli and Cenk:)

4 comments:

Katy said...

I'm ready to go back to the beach again! I love the head sticking out of the sand picture - hilarious!!

dandsratz said...

Natalie, Alli sounds like an amazing friend--especially the way that she played with the children! What a fun, fun weekend!! Love you!

Jayne said...

Greyson's picture reminded me of us as kids. We were always fighting to see who would get buried, and how far. My cousin won the ultimate prize though when he decided to be buried alive!-feet first, knees, stomach, shoulders, and then head wrapped in a t-shirt. I think he lasted about 30 seconds before he pushed up through the sand! What a great day of memories for you and a dear friend!

Heidi said...

I hope Allison didn't sit on the crab. Although that kind of mischieviousness is right up my alley. Sounds like a great time!!

Christmas at MawMaws

More Christmas Pictures!

Anna's Photo Class Project

Corolla

Greyson's Birthday Family Dinner

Parker and Daddy Surfing!

Nags Head

Greyson Surfing!

Fourth of July

Graduation Slide Show