Oh how we love the Outer Banks. Kev and I have both been vacationing there since we were children, and this year was no different. Well, it was a little different. Instead of going with my family or just us, we spent a week in Avon with the Mann clan. I have to say that at first I was a little leary about all ten of us staying in a house together. At times our boys can be a handful, and mix that with the other Mann children, and sometimes you create pure chaos. But, I have to say, I was pleasently surprised at how the week went. We were usually up and at 'em early, hitting the beach, the hot tub and the pool. One day, I took three of the boys into town for bowling, arcade games, and pizza. To my delight, it was so much fun. Kev had the chance to go deep sea fishing, and he caught a 70 lb. tuna. How cool is that?!?!?! I have to say, the boys loved waking up early and hanging with Grandaddy and Grandma. They played cards, and now Parker is addicted to the card game war. Anyway, I think we might all agree that the night we went ghost crab hunting was a blast. Kim and I had a great time, I think even more fun than the boys. At any rate, between the beach, the surf, our hike to the top of the Hatteras Lighthouse, and yes, even the mosquitos, we had a ball!
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago







2 comments:
I'm SOO glad that ya'll had such a great, great week! Next year those little men of yours are going to be on their own 10ft surf boards by themselves & swimming into shore by themselves!! :) I really enjoyed chatting with you on the phone while you were shopping!! :) Natalie, you entertain me like no other!! :)
Natalie, your site looks great!!! I loved reading the memories you are creating. Especially the whipped cream and strawberries. That was the best!! Those silly spontaneous moments are the most fun!! Those boys dressed up on the best look so handsome!! I know you are so proud.
Post a Comment